Alabama residents who are looking for jobs should refer to joblink.alabama.gov in order for them to find any available jobs within the state that they can apply to. New users should register for an account for them to be able to use the web portal and start looking for jobs.
Registering for an Account
On the right side of the homepage of joblink.alabama.gov is where you will find the link that says, “Not Registered Yet?” Below that link is a link for either the job seekers or employers. Those who are looking for jobs must click on the job seekers link so they will be taken to a page that will provide information on how they can benefit from using the site. On the other hand, employers must also click on the “employers” link so they will be redirected to a site that will also provide them with information on how they could benefit from joblink.alabama.gov.
Helpful Information for Job Seekers
There are basically two types of accounts that a job seeker can choose from if they decide to sign up for an account at the employment service portal of Alabama. The first account is Basic and the other one is Plus. The Basic account of joblink.alabama.gov allows the user to do the following:
• Create and post your resume online.
• Do advanced searches for any available jobs.
• Save job searches.
• Build a personal profile online.
• Receive updates through email
Those who choose the Plus account can enjoy the following benefits:
• Access to a facility where the staff of joblink.alabama.gov will match your profile to an ideal job for you.
• Access to various job resources such as training programs and certifications.
• Job notifications for the veterans.
• Apply to all available jobs at the joblink.alabama.gov.
• Get access to services that allow the site’s staff to match you with your ideal job.
• Get assistance with unemployment insurance registration.
Helpful Information for the Employers
Employers who will sign up for an account with joblink.alabama.gov can enjoy the following:
• Manage company profile.
• Post job openings.
• Save searches for potential employees.
• Search the database of the website for several resumes from registered job seekers.
• Receive updates through email if there are any matching job seekers for the job posted on the site.
So as you can see, both the job seekers and employers in Alabama can certainly benefit a lot if they decide to sign up for an account with joblink.alabama.gov.